I don’t usually do blog quizzes, but I’m bored sick. Be honoured, Rich. When you’re 80 and bald you can tell your grandchildren, “I made Matthew do a blog quiz, back in 2008 in the time of the 3.5G phones!” and your grandchildren will look at you all doe-eyed and cry out, “Wow, Grandpapa! So that’s the only thing you’ve been good for in your own life, Grandpapa!”
Edit: Oh Sean actually tagged me like ages ago, but anyway Sean’s blog is NUB because of obvious reasons. Tralalala.
1. What’s the most scandalous thing you’ve done?
Skirt. Stage. Audience. Drop.
2. Who is the person you trust the most?
God. Myself. Mom. Etc. In that order.
3. Do you think you have enough confidence?
I have improved greatly. I’m not a bag of nerves anymore, and I think that’s great. But I could be better.
4. Who is the person that you confide in?
I’m not one to confide, but I find now it’s better to let go some of my secrets. In the cosmic sense my secrets aren’t worth anything, anyway. I confide in a selection of people and I wouldn’t tell you their names EVER. Unless you bought me lunch or something.
5. Are you satisfied with yourself?
6. What are you afraid to lose the most?
My relationship with God. I don’t talk about it often but sooner or later everything links back to this. It’s the reason why I’m here at all. Animal Farm was pretty negative in portraying life after death as a motivation for life before it, but it was very astute. We all need our Sugarcandy Mountains.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Infatuation, yes. Not love. Stupid media.
8. Have you broken someone’s heart that she tried to commit suicide?
Woah, woah. I shouldn’t have. Unless it’s the kindergarten girl who sat next to me and asked me to pass her the blue pencil but I passed her the red pencil and then the green one but never the blue one and so she cried and cried and ran home and I continued ignoring her and passing her non-blue pencils and she cried harder, and even that’s a fictional story. NO, I do not have much practice in breaking hearts and even if I did I wouldn’t chronicle them in a blog quiz. Blog quizzes these days, tsk tsk. Too personal.
9. What do you like about yourself?
My awesome charm and wit.
Okay, seriously speaking? My infinite charm and wit.
10. What are the requirements that you wish from the other half?
She has to be God-centered, understanding, a good listener and talker, have a sense of humour, love kids, and be joyful. Okay it sounds demanding, but I really can’t picture myself building a longlasting relationship with someone who isn’t any of these.
11. Do you cherish every friendship of yours?
No. Sad to say some friendships are built around convenience and necessity and politeness. And to be honest I know from experience that many friendships are temporal. I do treasure quite a few. It’s always better to have a few close friends than a large social circle of aquaintances.
12. Do you treasure your family?
13. What do you dislike the most?
Anything that displeases Him. Which may include stuff I do as well. Who says I was satisfied with myself? I’m not going to add to this list, because I’d just be hypocritical.
14. Who do you hope to be always there for you?
God, my family, a partner, my closer friends. In that order. Unless of course my partner becomes family.
15. What do you regret most in life?
Not making the most of my life. I really think the possibilities would have been endless for me if I had willed them so. I’m only fifteen, but I fear the repercussions on my future have already set in. It’s Singapore, after all. Education education education.
16. What kind of friend do you hope to be in your friend’s eye?
More than being entertaining, I hope to be a friend people think nothing of confiding in, one that people naturally feel comfortable with, one that people will cherish through the times. Cliched I know.
17. Do you love your friends?
Oh shit, these questions are so dumb.
18. Which date do you like the most?
Blonde or November 24.
Kidding about the blonde.
19. If you have a dream to come true, what would it be?
I’d be happily married with two or three healthy children with a stable income, doing a job that I like.
20. If you could travel in time and return to a phase of your life, which phase would it be and why?
I would go back to Sec One and get a life.
21. If there’s one thing you’d do now, what would it be?
Write a print letter to all my closest friends telling them what I really feel about them. Or finish up Chapter One for The Ubers. Or go and hug a certain someone. Augh I am so pensive and sentimental tonight it BURNS.
22. People I shall tag to do this quiz.
It seems everyone else has already done this quiz. If you wanna do this quiz post a comment saying “I wanna do this quiz” and I may reply “Awright you may do this quiz” and if I post “Awright you may do this quiz” that means that you may do this quiz.